Abbotsford House, Melrose
Construction cost £5.5M
Conservation and internal alteration of a Grade A listed building.
- Fabric repairs to the stonework, windows, doors and roof.
- Four chimney stacks were removed and rebuilt.
- Every window in the building was overhauled by our own joinery team.
- Specialist historic glaziers carried out glass repairs insitu.
- Roof repairs.
- Historic cast iron roof lights were removed and overhauled with existing glass.
- Internal works included extensive underpinning within the basement to provide a foundation to existing walls.
- A new service trench was dug throughout the basement to house all M & E services to distribution points.
- A massive exercise to lift floors was undertaken to install a completely new mechanical and electrical system.
- New roofs to the outbuildings.
- New hard & soft landscaping, upgrading of underground drainage & incoming services.
Now completed the building is used for new 5 star holiday let accommodation, public access to historic apartments, Abbotsford Trust administration offices and creation of a caretakers flat.